Many organizations are already reaping the benefits of mobile inspection applications. Find out how you can too.
– Guest post from Viewpoint Development Partner, MSI Data
Performing inspections is a constant pressure for construction crews and managers and completing accurate inspections that don’t bog down your team with stacks of paperwork and extra trips to the office can be a huge burden for companies with a million other things to worry about.
Growing competition in the service industry demands that companies improve the efficiency of all of their operations, especially regular functions like mandatory inspections. With this in mind, many contractors have already found numerous reasons to use an inspection app that lets them view job information, update checklists, and perform inspections faster and more effectively with an all-in-one mobile system.
5 Reasons to Go with a Mobile Inspection App
1. Safety (safety first!!)—Safety inspections are some of the most important, but often the most ignored processes done in the field. In order to keep your workers safe without eating up valuable time performing ineffective and slow paper-based inspections, be sure your safety inspection process is thorough and actionable. With an inspection app everyone wins because it ensures job sites and equipment are safe while freeing technicians to perform other tasks since inspections are faster and easier.
2. Consistency—Maintaining consistency across inspections can be a real bear without standard forms and procedures. With a mobile inspection app, businesses can use standard forms for certain kinds of inspections to ensure consistency across the board. Consistent forms and steps are especially useful for organizations with technicians of varying ages and levels of experience because it mandates a standard process across the board.
3. Quality —With standard forms and guided steps, managers can rely on more quality inspections since consistency will yield quality through standardized reporting. Photo-taking, video, and signature capabilities allow technicians to capture a more complete analysis and collect more thorough and accurate information. In addition, organizations that spend less time spent on low value manual entry of paper inspections can take more to hone in on quality of work, with the photos and data to back it up. For example, managers can refer back to reports measuring the quality of Inspection Type A, which is performed 1,000 times per year and use those reports to identify trends.
4. Speed – One of the best parts of mobile inspection software is that it allows you to perform better inspections in less time by freeing your team from the shackles of paper-based inspections. Now, instead of printing forms, driving back to the main office, and reentering data, technicians can simply pull up a standard form on their mobile devices, perform an inspection, and sync it with the back office for instant accessibility across the company. With an inspection tool, companies are able to speed not only the time it takes to conduct the inspection, but also the time it takes to disperse and act on the information, which in effect speeds the ability to make important business decisions and improve operations overall.
5. Compliance—Companies performing inspections often have to comply with internal policies and procedures or external regulatory standards. Mobile apps make that part easy with preconfigured forms that don’t let you finish an inspection until it’s clear you’ve measured everything you need to comply with the set standards.
Transition Enterprise Mobile Safety Inspections into Your Company Operations
The ease of use and ability to collect more accurate and timely information make the mobile inspection clearly superior to paper-based processes. Enterprise mobile inspection apps improve the inspection process for construction companies from start to finish.
With the ability to monitor jobsite and employee safety, meet regulatory and internal standards and policies, increase productivity, and identify opportunities to sell services for defective equipment, a mobile inspection app not only makes your jobsite safer, but will allow you to do so in less time, with less effort, and with greater consistency than manual methods.
VEIL Inspection Software– Mobile Inspections, Inspection App Builder and Inspection Manager
MSI Data’s mobile inspection app, VEIL, delivers a simple solution for automating construction field inspection processes in the office and in the field, in three powerful components:
1. Mobile Inspections —VEIL’s field component is a mobile inspection application that drives both productivity and consistency with quick, step-by-step field inspections that mimic your inspection forms. Field personnel can select the appropriate job on the mobile device and input data while on-site then save that data immediately to the system; no back office personnel or extra steps required. Workers can also take advantage of native device capabilities to provide additional backup for inspections, including photos, signatures and voice to text note taking on iOS, Android, and Windows.
2. Inspection Builder — The Inspection Builder allows contractors to rapidly create inspection templates with a web-based drag and drop builder. Its inspection templates are often designed to mimic paper inspection forms or spreadsheets so they’re easy to understand and complete. Once finished, new inspection templates or updates can automatically be pushed to field workers’ mobile devices.
3. Inspection Manager — Web-based database for safety, project management, or other personnel to view, report upon and analyze historical inspection data. Each inspection can be reviewed upon completion combined into reports that identify trends.
VEIL for Viewpoint
VEIL integrates with Viewpoint Construction Software to allow construction companies to perform safety inspections in the field without transferring data manually from Viewpoint. The integration between the two companies streamlines safety inspection procedures in order to simplify the inspection process for construction companies using Viewpoint.
MSI Data and Viewpoint are pleased to provide Viewpoint customers with this powerful new option for mobile inspections. If you’re interested in learning more about VEIL Inspection Software for Viewpoint Software, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-262-518-7028.