Over the last three months, more than 500 construction professionals have gathered at eight separate events across the United States to network and learn about the latest construction best practices, industry thought leadership and groundbreaking construction technology. Viewpoint’s Digital Contractor Roadshow has provided attendees with an interactive environment designed to foster conversation, learn how to improve workflows and processes, identify untapped opportunities and drive more profitability in their construction companies. In case you missed out on attending one of these events in your area, here are just a few notable highlights featured throughout the series:
Inspirational Thought Leaders
Viewpoint has partnered with a number of industry experts and thought leadership professionals to share their insights during these road shows. Here are a few highlights:
FMI’s principal consulting manager, Gregg Schoppman, gave presentations which asked difficult questions contractors face today:
- “What are you doing to contend with the current and future state of labor?”
- “Is your firm’s productivity declining?”
- “Regardless of size and technology, what are you doing to improve your business’ performance today?”
Clifton Larson Allen consulting expert Jeffrey Nesbitt presented a special presentation, “building an information bridge between field and office,” empowering audience members to begin to develop a collaborative plan to engage their field personnel to deliver data that bridges the information gap between field operations and management.
Strategic methodology expert Jeremy Clopton addressed “Why digital contractors need an insight-driven culture,” with actionable takeaways from promoting such a culture within their own construction companies.
Intimate Venues with Awesome Food
We scoured and secured some of the very best breweries and steakhouses each city had to offer in order to provide top-notch comfort to maximize each environment for learning and networking. Our roadshow settings were designed to encourage discussion, and attendees enjoyed plenty of seating and space to view presentations. During the event, attendees were treated to generous appetizers and complimentary beverages to make for a relaxing and enjoyable evening spent learning and networking together.
Thought Provoking and Honest Customer Panel Discussions
Each event featured a panel lead by current Viewpoint customers. The panel addressed questions like, “how has your company transformed over the last 5-10 years?” and “what has been the role of technology in your construction company?”
Audience members were able to ask direct questions to the panel members which resulted in lively, honest discussions about the challenges and benefits of adopting technology in construction companies. Many attendees found this to be the best part of the event:
- “The customer panel definitely opened up a conversation — a little too much so that we ran out of time. But I think everyone in the room appreciated the conversation.”
- “It was interesting to hear how other contractors use the products.”
- “The customer panel gave a real perspective of how other companies operate using Viewpoint products”
- “I was amazed by some of the things that were discussed during the customer panel. For example: 1,000 employees still doing paper time cards. What?!”
More to Come
Don’t worry, we have more Digital Contractor Roadshows coming your way! Check back on our website to see when we will be coming to a city near you!
Here is what other attendees are saying about the Digital Contractor roadshow:
- “It was very upbeat, lively and attentive to the needs of customers”
- “It was a great networking opportunity for me.”
- “Great networking event with other Viewpoint users in our area. Hope you have more local events in the future.”
- “I loved this event, was great to meet local users.”
- “The networking with contractors and speakers made for a good event. The food and atmosphere were nice. Thank you.”